Thursday, September 29, 2005

Lemon and Paeroa


On a long adventure on Great Barrier Island, my family stopped at a store to get something to drink. On one bottle I read L&P World Famous in New Zealand. I don't know if it was the thirst, or that it was unique to New Zealand or both, but we drank a cold bottle and have been hooked ever since. We bought several throughout our trip, and took home a modest stash that disappeared all too quickly. My spirits rose as I saw that it was original to NZ, but that Coca-Cola now bottled it. My hopes were dashed in a few days as I found they did not sell it in the US, nor could I special order it as they have strict territories. I checked out the possibility of buying a large amount and shipping it over by the slowest boat possible. It would have still cost about $12 a bottle before it was through. A work associate went to NZ about 6 months ago and I begged him to bring some back. I would pay him double for however much he would bring back. He brought 4. One for each of my family. My wife and I shared each so we could make it linger over a few days. Then it was gone. I wish I had some now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home