Friday, February 10, 2006

Tried the Lemon Cordial Recipe

I recently tried the Lemon Cordial recipe in a previous post in hope of recreating the magic taste of Lemon and Paeroa. While I am sorry to say it did not, the cordial is great. One part called for cutting the peel off the lemons. When you do this the whole room is full of a wonderful lemon smell.

After it was complete I tried it and as I say it was delicious. I tried all kinds of blending: regular water, carbonated water, sprite, 50/50. While the taste was in the ballpark, it was not the same. I found one of the best uses for it was to put in ice tea with one part cordial and 4 parts ice tea. It is like a super lemon in your tea. In fact it is like super lemonaid or lemonaid on steroids.

If you are creative, like to try things and don't whine when they come out differently than expected I recommend it. Some of the ingredients may be hard to find. Just remember the tartaric acid is the same as cream of tartar. The two must give some twisted blend of sours that just one would not provide.

If anyone tries this I hope you will comment on your experience.

1 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Blogger All_I_Can_Stands said...

Thanks! This is great news and I appreciate the info. For some reason I did not get an email of your comment. Need to check my settings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home